Top ten reasons that you need travel insurance
There are hundreds of circumstances that could cause you to cancel your trip, return home early, or force you to seek emergency medical treatment while traveling. To illustrate the importance of purchasing travel insurance and emergency travel services we present ten common examples of what could go wrong:
1) It's 10 pm and you and your immediate family arrive at the airport for a connecting flight only to find that your flight has been cancelled. Who can assist you with finding new flights to get everyone to their destination?
2) Your bag was lost with your insulin inside. You need help to locate your bag as soon as possible and have your emergency prescription refilled. Who do you call?
3) Your first visit to Europe, and your passport and wallet are stolen. Where do you turn for emergency cash, and how will you get your passport replaced?
4) You're involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. Who will help arrange and pay for a medical evacuation?
5) If your sister-in-law becomes seriously ill and you must cancel your trip, what happens to your non-refundable deposits or pre-payments?
6) You arrive in Jamaica and your luggage doesn't. If it's lost, who will help you find it? If it's delayed, who will pay for your necessities? If it's stolen, who will pay to replace it?
7) Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. Who will pay for your non-refundable expenses? Who will help you get to your destination?
8) You're walking down a street in Rio and twist your ankle. Who can help you find an English-speaking physician?
9) Three weeks before your scheduled arrival, a terrorist incident occurs in the city to which you are planning to visit. Who will pay if you want to cancel your trip?
10) You are at a beach resort in Florida and are forced to evacuate due to n approaching hurricane. Who will help you evacuate and who will reimburse your lost vacation investment?
These are just some examples of what can go wrong. For specific coverages and to purchase this valuable travel protection click on the Allianz insurance link below: